Saturday 24 October 2009

...

I come from a country where the majority live in poverty, and spend most of their life seeking employment that will cover all the bills or worse pay the bare necessiteies. I come from a country brimming over with talented people who are not given the opportunity or the environment to realize their potential or a better future. I come from a country where religion is being twisted and mis-used to justify people's frustrations and helplessness.It is with my heart heavy and my eyes full that I see my country go down a road stained with destruction, pain, and disgrace.

I live in a country with one of the best standards of living and where money is a plenty to do as you wish. You work for it ofcourse but the compensation makes it worth your while and you even learn to appreciate paying taxes becuase the system will work for you when you need it.
I live faraway, yet I feel the same sadness, even more for I know what could be.
It breaks my heart, it punctures my soul.
I carry it around, this little hole in my heart, that few understand around me.
I go about my daily life and forget that it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment