Monday 24 August 2009

A day by myself

There are days I spend by myself. I do this usually when I work from home. Since I live in the country side, it really is a day all by myself. No one comes knocking on my door. There is hardly any traffic which I am able to see or hear. I can go the whole day and not see a single soul. I can work in relative peace and quiet with the exception of the few phone calls and scheduled virtual meetings. I have my favourite music playing in the background, can get my cup of tea the way I like it, take a break when I want to, which I usually spend listening to the wind in the trees outside or walking in the next door abandoned plot of land and checking if the apples are ready to be harvested. They are winter apples, a friend told me. So it will have to wait for September. I spot a squirrel or a strange looking insect, eat an over ripe cherry and go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment