Friday 21 August 2009

Living in another's country

I think some people who choose to live in a different country with a significantly different culture are not feeling quite completely at home with their own. Not that they dislike their country, culture and value set but because they don't fit into it, like the majority does. Or because they would like to improve things and want these positive changes brought about faster then they can actually happen.

Take me for instance. I am a Pakistani but don't always agree with how we do things in Pakistan. I live in Norway now and find some of the things I always wanted to change in my own country, practised in Norway everyday. Not that I like or agree with how things are done in Norway quite completely, but a larger part of my value set corresponds very well to the one practised in Norway. As opposed to my belief system which is in sharp contrast. But that I will leave to ponder upon another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment