Monday 20 September 2010

4th Pak Vs Eng ODI in play

One of the fondest memories I have involving sport, is my dad glued to the TV set cheering on the Pakistan National cricket team. I am still transported back to the comfort of my parents room when I listen to cricket commentators with the match being played in the background. As I do now... through live streaming via the internet as Pakistan plays England in the 4th ODI at Lords today. The commentators as well as the players focusing hard on the game, even though accusations are being hurled left, right and center. Sad. Sad. Sad. We all enjoy and love the game, my dad one of its most ardent followers, said to me in disgust the other day 'What do you expect when the country is run by one the biggest crooks?' He was referring to Asif Ali Zardari ofcourse and the larger problem of corruption going unnoticed in Pakistan. He has a point, but we may have a few rotten apples, some bigger than others but the young guys out there playing today under very tense circumstances deserve the benefit of the doubt and our support, now more than ever. Lets cheer them on and hope truth will prevail and exonorate those who are inncocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment